Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Product tester


So I read the news every morning when I get to work, this morning an article caught my attention. A) Because it sounded stupid and B) I wondered who would do this, and then I took that thought back.


So this particular article said that Durex condoms are looking for 1,000 people to test their products and get back to the company. Of course my first thought was something along the lines of a new kind and they wanted to make sure they worked, “oh oops, sorry babe, this guy ripped right in half!”


Then I got reading further down, they are actually going to interview interested individuals. Applicants will be asked a series of questions to make sure they are a good fit for this dream job," the company said in a statement. Which I guess makes sense because there is going to be a line up as far as the eye can see. We know men; they will jump at the opportunity to even think about getting lucky.


“Questions include, 'How often do you use condoms? And, 'Why do you want to be a Durex condom tester?'” Oh my, I would love to read the answers to these questions! Who wouldn’t, these guys are going to come up with the most creative answers just so they can be picked. All the company is going to do is mail a bunch of different items out of their product line up, and then guys get to play away and then log onto a Durex site and explain their likes and dislikes.
I honestly have to say that this is really one of the weirdest things I have heard of, you hear of companies doing this sort of thing, I guess it was only a matter of time before the world of “product testing” reached into these waters.


The article goes on to say and I quote “To get the job, the company is looking, in particular, for creative responses to the question about why they want to be a condom tester” I dont even want to tell you the answers I have come up with...at least for some of the guys I know.


I want to meet the dudes that came up with this idea. I can think of lots of other companies that should do this kind of marketing; I think it would be damned funny. Just think about it, “please use our hemorrhoid cream and then log into our system and tell us what was great about it and what your suggestions are!” or to send out like 3 different new flavours of toothpaste for people to try such as cyan flavoured for those who like a little spice, chocolate flavoured for the chocoholics and last but not least coffee flavoured toothpaste so you get your first shot of coffee first thing in the morning and right before you go to bed.

No comments: