Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hello Bright New Blog World!

Alrighty, WOOHOO, I have joined the blog world, where the heck is the ticker tape parade and the champagne with strawberries, I at least demand the champagne!!

Let me introduce my wacky, Canadian loving self. My name is Karin, pronounced Ka-rin, get it right or I will smack you across the face with a frozen package of bacon my friend. My parents were whacked out and took my name off of a show way back when called "Soap", yes it starred Billy Crystal for Gosh darn it sake! My name, is really actually a fairly common name out there in the world I have found out. It is however a name no one seems to have ever heard of. All people of the world attempt to spell it with a C, that is as far as I let them go before I give them a glare and correct them (I know, I'm a little quick tempered). Alright a quick lesson, do not glance at the name and automatically assume it is a dumb spelling for the name Karen, it is not, and I now hate that name from a life of correcting people!

Um, OK, so I have a huge issue about my name, or maybe not so much my actual name as all the people in the world. Maybe I should seek counselling, but I think going on this way is much more entertaining, at least for myself it is.

I am currently 24, maybe tomorrow I will be 22 or 27 it all depends on my mood. I stand at a whopping 5' 3" tall, I know I really should have gone into modeling, but they didn't want me to make Giselle or Tyra feel less than perfect.

I am married to a lovely man, who is named....wait for it....Oscar, I know everyone is right away thinking "Oscar Mayer Wiener!!" or all of their friends with small dogs that have the name Oscar! It is not his fault, it is a family name, and he is very proud of it. The only issue is, he thinks that when we have a child he wants to name it Oscar. Geez I better pray that when the time comes it is a boy! There is a lot that has to be negotiated on this topic, I will let you all know how it goes as time goes by.

Is that enough information for you today? Save some for tomorrow? I totally agree.

Oh I suppose to end the day off I should let everyone know what my life motto is, I really think this sums it up nicely, it is great for those days when you just dont care! It is a lovely e-mail I recieved from a friend.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a ride!"

No comments: