Sunday, November 4, 2007

The wheels on the bus go round and round....


I am sure everyone out there has a commercial at one time or another that drives them to the edge. To the edge of throwing something through the t.v. that is.

Right now I happen to have one of those commercials, it makes me insane, I want to rip my hair out, scream, run around the house and pee my pants. The commercial we are talking about right now is some damned Volvo thing.

Ok, we need a bit of back history first; when I was younger (like all people I know), you know the cute kid with pig tails (me not any of you). Most people have a childhood rhyme or song or something that they hated then and they hate now. Well for me it is the “wheels on the bus” song. This god forsaken commercial uses that song!

The commercial itself isn’t all bad, its got a guy and a girl driving their beloved Volvo all over hells half acre up and down hills for no apparent reason; picking up people/hitch hikers they may or may not know, who happen to be standing in the middle of nowhere with all the gear they need to do an activity of some kind. They go down a hill, then up a hill here there and everywhere. Well they felt the need to use the “wheels on the bus” song and just conveniently plug in some of the things they are trying to show off about this car.

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. I need some sort of restraints put on me; this or I am going to write a hate letter to Volvo. Hey that sounds like a great idea, anyone have their address?

No comments: