Friday, January 4, 2008

School for the Gifted


Almost every day I feel that I work with someone that belongs in an institute for the gifted. Now I don’t mean any certain individual in particular, I’m just saying that everyone has their days. The few and far between days when I don’t notice any “special” people around me, I realize that today must be my day. No I don’t ACTUALLY mean today, but you know what I mean….when you have a whacked out, the lights are on but nobody’s home day.

Of course there are people I work with, or even people in my personal life that seem to have a lifetime pass to the “special” school. I am not going to name names, but I know some of you know some of the people I am talking about. Did I confuse you enough there? If not I have not completed my goal for the day.

Actually now that I think about it perhaps I do belong in the school for the gifted today. I have a few things on my “plate” (and why do they have that saying?), like planning my sister in laws baby shower (which is ripping my heart out, but I guess I am doing it). Then last night she called and asked me to sew all the bedding for the bassinet they got, apparently you cannot buy bedding for a bassinet anymore, so what do I do, I say YES…..I am not the type of person that can say no; even when she tells me about 5 times in the span of 5 minutes that I don’t have to if I don’t want to. I have to get on this project, I guess nothing will get done other than sewing this weekend; she could pop at any moment. Damn me, damn me, damn me. I am in the middle of trying to make a baby gift basket for the shower. On top of all this, I am already making a surprise blanket for the baby that we will take to them the day the little booger is born (and I am totally using that name in an endearing way, I call everyone I love/like dorky names). I SO need to clean my house, like gut it kind of clean; my house is always a freakin disaster! Someone help me! I don’t even know what is on my list, oh yes, my list.

So far today I think I am the only one headed into the special category.

No comments: