Friday, December 11, 2009

Home again, Home again, Jiggity Jig


I am so excited and at the same time, so absolutely scared! For the first time in my life I am going to working at a job that I do not make money at. I will make many other things and raise my beautiful daughter, but unfortunately we do not get paid to be a domestic engineer. You know that we do not get paid because no one could afford to pay us.


We are accountants, personal shoppers, chefs, bakers, laundry service, nurse, electricians, handy women (or man), body guards, only to name a few, our job description goes on with: working 18 + hour shifts, be proficient in toddler-lingo, must be able to multi-task to the max, must work well under pressure (and not use potty words), must be able to perform repetitive and mundane tasks always with a smile. Must be able to work miracles with limited budget, must have eyes in the back of your head, and train your peripheral vision to reach far beyond normal. Should have experience with crowd control, experience in waste management is a big plus….and the list goes on.


The benefits package is great though, lots of smiles, random hugs and kisses, lots of help removing items as you put them away, and from time to time bouquets of weeds, the odd rock that looked really special, and special drawings that were made just for you.


As I said before, it is a scary leap but one that I am very willing to take, I want to raise my daughter, not have someone else do it. I know everyone in the world has different opinions on this, but many of the people that I am leaving behind have told me I am doing the right thing…..no amount of money can replace your child growing up.


So as of 4:30 Friday afternoon on December 11th I will leave the place I have worked for 5 years and venture on home…to stay.

No comments: